Senior Software Engineer– EdTech - £70k
A globally leading EdTech company in the Edinburgh area are looking for an exceptional senior software engineer to work on creating incredibly complex algorithms to help with their web-based platforms which attracts millions of users each day.
The right senior software engineer candidate will have good experience working on the back end of large scale web applications and be willing to cross train into using some of the most valuable languages in today`s markets.
The ideal senior software developer will have:
- 2:1 or above bachelors degree (ideally from a top 200 world leading university)
- Experience working on the back end of a large-scale web application
- More than three year`s software development experience
- Be willing to cross-train into using Scala, Ruby on Rails and Angular2
The senior software engineer will be a logical thinker and enjoy working through solving problems in a rigorous manner. This really is the ideal time to join this company as they are on the cusp of enormous growth. Do not hesitate and apply to this advert.
Senior Software Engineer– EdTech - £70k
Job Title: Highways Designer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Upto £40,000 + Benefits
Provide cost effective design solutions to maintain or improve the roads asset to the standards agreed and considering the needs of key stakeholders. Deliver the outcomes agreed with the Highways England to programme and budget.
* Assist in managing resources in the Highways team to deliver the agreed outcomes
* Oversee and mentor supporting staff or less experienced designers
* Assist in managing external resources to deliver the agreed outcomes
* Agree the briefs, programmes and budgets with the Principal Designer and Project Manager
* Allocate tasks to other members of the Highways team and monitor progress and costs
* Prepare briefs, designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for highways schemes to budget and programme
* Monitor and check designs and ensure they meet the brief
* Ensure designs are appropriate and meet the expected levels of quality
* Seek innovation in the delivery of schemes and techniques used in design and construction
* Ensure the Integrated Management System is actively applied to all designs
* Deliver a variety of highways schemes and provide highways advice to programme and budget
* Provide professional and technical competence in highway engineering
* Report to a Principal Designer on a bi-weekly basis on performance against budget and programme
* Identify schemes that need to be included in the Five Year Programme
* Assist the Network Strategy Manager in the proposals process
* Prepare Traffic Management Plans, Diversion Routes and organise Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders with HA and Local Councils
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
* Support the delivery of the business' Sustainability activities
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
* Membership, or working towards membership of an appropriate professional institution (ICE or IHT)
* Registered with the Engineering Council to IEng level, or about to undergo professional review.
* 5 days of CPD in last 12 months including 3 related to highway engineering
* Project management skills
* Competent in highway engineering
* Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of other highway related design areas
* Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
* Competent in exercising the Designer's obligations of CDM
* Attain appropriate CSCS card registration
* Understanding of environmental requirements of highway schemes
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of design standards (DMRB / MCDHW etc.) relevant to highway engineering
* Knowledge of the use of computer design applications
* Broad knowledge of Quality Management and IMS
* Relevant vocational qualifications (MEng / MSC/ BEng / BSc / HNC and HND)
* Knowledge, design and drafting capabilities in AutoCAD
* Knowledge of HA procedures
* Knowledge of highway design software
* Recent experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
* Consultation experience with Highways England, Local Councils, Emergency Services and key stakeholders
* Team building skills.
* Ability to develop relationships and engender trust at all levels of the Connect Plus Services organisation and with Clients
If you're interested please get in touch as soon as possible as they are looking to interview as soon as possible.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview
ICT Service Engineer
My client is based in Milton Keynes; they are a Managed Services Provider working within the public sector for Education, they have an office of 20 . They mainly provide for secondary schools and are now looking to add to their team.
They are looking for a Mobile ICT Technician to help support 4 Clients within the local area of Milton Keynes. Must be able to drive.
• Provide support for the servers & associated routines & to provide hardware & software support for workstations
• Monitor the efficiency of networks
• Maintain all ICT related peripherals
• Inform management of supplies & product requests from clients (this would typically include printer supplies, electronic media & computer systems, development plan requests)
• Maintain a fully up to date inventory (where required) of all hardware & software at client sites
• Meet all clients individual and specific needs
• Install software on PC’s, locally or via software distribution tools and complete installations on new PC’s
Main Technical Skill Requirements
• Operation knowledge of Windows and Mac & Windows server 2008/2012, active directory, DHCP, DNS
• Working knowledge of Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi
• Established skill set for network communications, network switching hardware
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
To support the project management team in the every day management of projects for which they are responsible, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), Railway Group, Network Rail's company standards, and all current applicable legislation including CDM Regulations.
Working on the delivery civils programme. Working in a team of 12 and assisting with delivering and managing a wide range of civil engineering projects in accordance with the GRIP process. Working closely with Scheme Project Managers and Commercial staff. Responsible for ensuring projects are running to programme and budget deadlines
1. Work as part of a project team, assisting to deliver projects to time, cost and quality through various phases in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
2. Monitor and report programme and progress in accordance with project reporting systems and guidelines.
3. Develop and integrate effective support systems to enable the Project Manager to manage and control change.
4. Monitor contractor performance indicators and provide periodic progress reports.
5. Support the Project Management team in providing a safe working environment at all times during the execution of those projects under their responsibility.
6. Collate and report both weekly & periodic statistics for the implementation phases of the projects.
7. Provide administration support to the implementation teams as required.
8. Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Computer literate
* Use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Power point software.
* Educated to HND/HNC or similar standard.
* Civil engineering ideal
* Rail ideal but not essential
* PTS ideal
* Computer literate
* Use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Power point software.
* Membership (or working towards membership of) the Association for Project Management.
* A degree or equivalent.
* Knowledge of safety, quality, environmental, commercial and financial aspects.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website
Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer who will be involved in a variety of key activities including supplier development other Project work within the manufacturing environment and Quality Management System development. Working within a small team the role will require extensive liaison with all other functions within the Company as well as external organisations.
(Contract 3-6 months+)
• To provide a QA service during the manufacturing phase of systems projects. (Including manufacturing test and inspection planning, process capability assessments, and liaison with suppliers where appropriate).
• To take an active role in the development of core suppliers. This includes vendor assessment, reviewing corrective actions and helping to develop suppliers’ quality programmes.
• To perform internal and external quality system audits.
• Analysis of performance data and preparation of reports.
• To undertake investigation of product / process failure.
• Maintain and develop the company Quality Management System.
Education / Experience:
Education requirements NVQ level 3 or greater Apprentice Served in an Electronic and or Mechanical / Electronic engineering discipline. HND or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential.
Related experience: QA experience within a capital equipment manufacturer (ideally computerised). Recent experience working within the Medical Device or other regulated industry would be an advantage.
Information Technology: Good computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft office, MRP and ERP systems, Knowledge of Mechanical inspection software e.g. Delcam and SAP would be useful.
Technical expertise: Good knowledge of ISO9001
Knowledge of ISO13485 / FDA CFR820.-prefereble
Good understanding of process approach to QMS implementation.
Qualified Lead Auditor -preferable
Skills: This job requires the holder to be accomplished in managing a number of tasks simultaneously. They will need to be proactive with a ‘solution’ orientated approach. Work is mostly within cross functional teams where an ability to be persuasive yet tactful is required. Good communication skills and a flexible approach to working are essential.
3 - 6 months contract +
£20 - 26/hr PAYE
£24 - £32 Umbrella/Ltd
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and pro-active Senior ICT Support Technician to join our client's education team. This role will see you manage 1-2 school IT Technicians and manage the onsite service delivery.
Job tasks and responsibilities
* Ensuring support for Information and Communication Technology systems to ensure smooth day to day operation are implemented correctly
* Supporting the schools ICT infrastructure and training of technology which includes but not limited to; Computers, Laptops, Tablets and Mobile Phones.
* Consult around the technology systems within the school and that they are functioning to the expected level.
* Support teachers and students with technology related issues as needed.
* Maintain accurate records Asset Records
* Manage and work with other ICT Support staff to ensure seamless delivery of new services and
* Support the implementation of systems improvement initiatives and the introduction and roll-out of new technologies.
Skills and experience
* A minimum of 3-5 years in a similar Education ICT Support role would be ideal.
* Solid understanding of desktop hardware and software including a working knowledge of Microsoft applications in a large environment
* Service and management of Windows and Apple devices
* Sound analytical, troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
* Vendor support
* Good communication and documentation skills essential
* Reliable with good time management skills
A salary of £30,000 plus an attractive bonus is on offer. This is an excellent opportunity.
Based - Manchester Area
Salary £30,000 to £40,000 dep on experience
A fantastic opportunity to work with a Partner of Priority Software ERP. There head office is in the South of the UK, this role will be based in Manchester.
The ERP Analyst main function is to implement the Priority ERP software at customer sites. When not working on a new project you will be working with existing customers to re-engineer or add value to their existing processes or to implement new modules of the ERP system.
The Priority software is particularly versatile and hence customers stretch across many vertical markets. The role involves working with a number of teams to perform or contribute to the following activities:
•Work through an implementation lifecycle incorporating:
◦Business process analysis, design or re-engineering
◦Go-live and support
•Project budget management
•Business process analysis, design and re-engineering
•Gap / fit analysis
•Development & Database Skills (SQL)
•Client relationship building
•ERP (e.g. SAP, Sage, Oracle, Infor, Dynamics, Great Plains, Epicor, Oracle (JDE, JD Edwards,) Exact, Netsuite)
•SQL Development (preferred, not essential).
•Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint etc.)
Business Experience (preferred but not essential):
•Manufacturing (MRP, MRPII)
This vacancy is being managed by Darren Street at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Spear Recruitment Ltd is Employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook and you call follow us on Twitter @spearrec
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2014
Manchester, Manchester, UK
My customer is a growing MSP who are now looking for a ICT Senior service desk engineer.
The Senior Servicedesk Consultant (SSC) role will be responsible for ensuring that the ICT service and infrastructure is fully supported by sharing good practice and provide quality advice and guidance as required. The post holder will also be required to carry out research, recommend and help implement the latest technologies relevant to the Education sector.
Duties & responsibilities
1. Incident management - Customer calls to our service desk need to be dealt with professionally, recorded on our information management system and managed through to resolution, following our KPI’s for call resolution times.
2. Escalation - where cases are more complex or exceeding KPI resolution times the post holder will follow the defined escalation procedures appropriate to the product.
3. Use remote access software to access school systems to fully investigate and resolve any problems.
4. Pro-active monitoring of Client ICT infrastructure and Software
5. Maintaining daily checks on Client systems to ensure backups are running and Servers maintain performance
6. Documenting all resolutions following the service desk procedures and flowcharts.
7. Providing details and information to the relevant senior staff call issues and resolutions.
8. Maintain all office PC’s to ensure latest software is installed and systems are working efficiently.
9. To commit to undertake continual training and development in the products supported.
10. To contribute to the development of the service to further expand into other educational establishments.
11. Possible site visits may be required to supply cover for field engineers.
12. Act with integrity and provide a pleasant professional manner.
Essential ICT knowledge, covering:
a. Server operating systems; Windows 2003 and up
b. MS Server Virtualisation, Clustering and Backup
c. SAN / NAS Deployment and Operation
d. Desktop Windows 7 and up
e. Microsoft Exchange and SQL
f. Network methodologies and protocols, including Fibre technologies
g. Wireless Technologies, implementation and configuration including requirement surveys
h. Large scale ICT Project deployment
i. Telephony, CCTV and Cashless Catering
j. Cloud based service solutions and Office365 Desirable ICT knowledge, covering:
a. Awareness and understanding of ITiL Service Management framework.
b. Awareness and understanding of project management methodologies
The candidate should be comfortable working in a small team and have the personal initiative to complete tasks on schedule with minimal supervision.
The candidate should have:
Proficiency with HTML and CSS
Basic understanding of relational database design and SQL
Familiarity with Git
A strong interest in keeping up to date with the latest Web technology
The role will include:
Working both individually and within a team
Moving the UI of an existing product to a web front end
Helping to shape and design new products, including R&D
Use of industry standard bug/project management systems
Exposure to the full product development lifecycle
Berkhamsted, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP4, UK
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE + excellent benefits package
Our client are a global manufacturer who provide products and services to the food and pharmaceutical industries. Due to continual investment they are looking for an Applications Engineer to provide expertise and support to their business, with particular focus on performance capability and functional capability of the product range. The role works closely together with the software and hardware design teams during product development and product enhancements providing input and analysis. Additionally the role helps to provide strong internal communications across functions (Service, Quality & Production) to aid problem solving and continuous improvement.
Duties and responsibilities
To fully understand the process of the operation of X-ray inspection systems in order to assist with product development, continuous improvement, customer quotations, applications testing and analysis and assist with external issues.
To support the development processes by acting as the end user and feeding back if requirements are understood
To support all other functions with in depth technical input on new bids and during new platform development projects.
Offer assistance to the Production team with development of Software and Hardware related SOPs
Performance testing of software / hardware and product handling / reject systems and creation of associated data reference matrices.
Provide strong interface to Service, Quality, & Production teams to relay new knowledge gained.
To provide system training and set-up on systems
Provide input to R&D projects based on lessons learned from external feedback issues
You will possess an electrical or electronic educational background (Degree qualified or City & Guilds 224, ONC or HNC in Electronics / Electrical Engineering).
Excellent knowledge of electrical and electronic systems used in machinery is essential.
Experience of I.T networking of machinery.
Strong mechanical understanding (moving parts, motors, pneumatics, etc)
Significant relevant field experience in the use of complex machinery with mechanical, software and hardware electronics content will be beneficial.
Significant experience in the operation of X-ray inspection systems would be an advantage.
Ability to problem solve (discovering root causes of issues and troubleshoot where necessary
Understanding of product testing methods (EMC, software validation, etc…)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interface with all parts of the business internally and externally - particularly with customers.
Creativity and enthusiasm.
Meticulous attention to detail.
Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and make confident decisions.
The role will require occasional travel within the UK and overseas.
Awareness of Quality systems (e.g. ISO 9001).
Good abilities with MS Excel, Word & Powerpoint
To apply for this vacancy please click below, alternatively send your up to date CV to today
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER - HEMEL HEMPSTEAD - BUILDINGS DESIGN to work for consultancy who provide multi-disciplinary services in areas including Structural and Civil Engineering, Building Surveying, Land Surveying, Transport and Highway Engineering. This is a permanent position within the Structural Engineering team based at their office in Hemel Hempstead. This team undertakes the following tasks:
* Design of structures, including large framed commercial and residential projects
* Foundation design and assessment.
* Building defect audits for insurance purposes, and litigation resolution
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided. They will in time be responsible for managing all aspects of the successful delivery of their projects. This will include structural design and client liaison.
Remuneration & Training
The firm have a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale, and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to Training Programmes for Chartered status and external short courses. The company breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
* Prepare structural design in reinforced concrete and steelwork and design of building foundations. Experience is also required on refurbishment projects.
* Take a global view of structural design on a project, identifying potential problems and solutions and provide advice to clients on structural options.
* Detailed structural design in masonry and timber.
* Attend site and confidently resolve issues in a practical manner.
* Speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone.
* Write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports.
* Handling of entire projects through to completion, including client liaison, attendance at meetings and ensuring drawings are prepared satisfactorily.
* Schematic structural design based on basic architectural layouts.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Graduate Structural Engineer working towards MICE or MIStructE status
* Minimum qualification - Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering.
* Some years design experience within a structural design consultancy required
You must be a car driver and have the full right to work in the UK. Candidates who already live within sensible commuting distance will be given priority.
Sam Davis (Apply online only)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
Hemel Hempstead, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, UK
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
London, Liverpool Street
£55,000 + Pension + Healthcare + good benefits
A medium sized well known property consultancy are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their MEP Design team in their Central London office. This 25 strong MEP team are extremely busy with confirmed workloads lasting up to 2018. Due to the strong demand in their services they plan to grow to cater for the already confirmed work and any other project wins.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience leading projects to work in an autonomous environment, with the support of well regarded, friendly directors. Projects are within the commercial fit-out, hotel and large high rise; high end residential sectors typically working with end clients and architects. Candidates require at least 5 years experience in Mechanical Design within a building services consultancy and have experience of working in client facing roles. Candidates should be working towards chartership and have experience on Hevacomp and AutoCAD software and also have an interest in BIM.
For more information about this role please contact George Osborn on (Apply online only)
Liverpool St, London EC2M, UK
Due to an influx in its workload from repeat business and its expanding client base, the Leeds office are now looking to expand its team and bring in an experienced Structural CAD Technician.
The successful Structural CAD Technician will have the following profile -
* A minimum of 5 years Structural AutoCAD experience.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to coordinate projects.
* Be technically competent with modelling and draughting to current structural design standards.
* Ability to work to design information provided by design engineers.
* Software experience in AutoCAD is essential, Revit experience is desirable.
The successful Structural CAD Technician can expect to work in a challenging environment which provides a high level of work satisfaction, as well as the opportunity to build a successful career within a reputable company which encourages and supports with personal and professional development
Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
Principal Electrical Engineer
This is an excellent job opportunity for a skilled and experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to join the building services team at our clients London office, to lead and manage the design of some of the most exciting building projects in the UK and internationally.
As a leading figure in our clients established team of expert design engineers and technicians, and working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, the successful electrical engineer will prepare and oversee detailed engineering designs using Amtech and Dialux.
Our client, located wonderfully in central London has a Building Services team who`s mission it is to play a key role in making buildings more energy efficient, sustainable and cost effective to operate – and they pride themselves on their exemplary track record of designing innovative and sustainable mechanical and electrical solutions, that minimise the use of natural resources.
The Building Services team are a source of world leading expertise and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence.
The successful Principal Electrical Design Engineer will have the opportunity to work across a variety of sectors such as Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, Retail and Critical Systems
You, as a Principal Electrical Engineer will take responsibility for the management of projects and to achieve financial and time deadlines – attending and leading project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation and coordination of work.
Having gained relevant experience in an electrical engineering role within a building services industry (electrical distribution and power generation, lighting design, security systems etc), and experience of detailed co-ordination with other design disciplines, the successful Electrical Design Engineer will be well versed in the use of relevant design software including Amtech and ideally, Dialux.
You as an experienced Electrical Engineer will have experience overseeing the work of more junior colleagues, and have proven ability in producing low energy design solutions, carrying out site inspections and surveys, detail design development. Crucially – you will possess a passion for creative and intuitive design.
Given the collaborative and client focused nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
WHATS ON OFFER
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Excellent benefits package
- Great central London location
- 37.5 hours a week
For further details and applications for this intermediate mechanical design engineer job vacancy, please contact Phil Puertollano at RGB Network.
Central London, London WC2N, UK
Contract Embedded Software Engineer - 3 months min.
Offering circa £33-35/hr (happy to negotiate)
Based in Lewes
Initial 3 month contract (which is what we really hope to stick to) but if need to extend due to the project requirements then we might be able to.
This is going to be developing firmware for a new version of an existing product, using a new hardware platform. Involves latest technology used in retail across the UK.
Creating device drivers for on-board peripherals, and designing-developing the full firmware application.
Expectations on experience:
5 years of experience in embedded software development
Substantial programming experience in C, with microcontroller/processor based projects
Familiarity with the following (or similar) technologies:
* ARM Cortex M series, PWM, GPIO, NXP LPC1837
General competency with hardware schematics and associated data
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Lewes, Lewes, East Sussex, UK
Magenta International are specialist recruiters in the Building Services sector and are currently looking for;
Vacancy: Graduate / Junior Electrical Engineer
Location: South East London
Reference: Elec Des Eng / DH9
Formed in 1990, this Consultancy has established itself as a leading provider of design and management services for projects within the MEP sector. Their ethos is based on listening and interpreting their clients’ vision whist pushing the boundaries of their design brief and sustainable solutions.
The company is a successful multi-disciplined practice with live projects in the retail, commercial, healthcare and public sectors throughout the UK.
As part of their continued success, they are looking to recruit a Graduate / Junior Electrical Design Engineer to work on projects within the Public / Justice sector incorporating Court Facilities, Prisons and Custodial Centres.
Essential design experience will include:
• Previous experience of design for various project types
• Small power and lighting systems
• Security / Door Entry Systems
• Fire Alarms
• Dialux/Amtech/Hevacomp & Autocad Software
• HNC/HND or Degree Qualification within Building Services Electrical Engineering
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit
1 Lower Marsh, Lambeth, London SE1 7NT, UK
Embedded Software Engineer – C / Python
£30k to £60k dependant on experience plus excellent benefits
Graduate to senior positions available
This Embedded Software Engineer will be using C / Python to develop you will be working on a variety of bespoke embedded systems. The Embedded Software Engineer with C / Python will be joining a company going through a period of global growth and will be able to enjoy working on multiple products simultaneously in a fast paced environment. This Embedded Software Engineer will also have direct client contact and ownership of exciting technical problems.
This Embedded Software Engineer – C / Python will have the following skills / experience:
- A good degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- Embedded C
- Customer facing experience (desirable)
For this role the Embedded Software Engineer must have a strong academic background along with having completed projects or gaining hands on experience in Embedded C. The successful Embedded Software Engineer will be working on the full lifecycle development or a range of consumer, medical, wireless and industrial products.
Position: Embedded Software Engineer – C / Python
Salary: £30k to £60k dependant on experience plus excellent benefits (including 25 days annual holiday, Bonus scheme, flexible working hours, free lunches, private medical insurance, pension scheme including free life assurance)
Key Skills: Embedded, C, Python, customer facing
Ref: J11664 DM
This fantastic opportunity for a Structural Engineer has become available due to the Leeds office seeing an increase in its work load from repeat business and expanding its client base.
The successful Structural engineer will have the following profile -
* A minimum of 4 years Building Structural design experience and be approaching Chartership.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Experience using various software including TEDDS, Tekla Structural Designer, Fastrack Portal Frame, P Frame and MasterSeries Retaining Wall.
The successful Structural Engineer can expect to work in a challenging environment with a high level of work satisfaction, as well as the opportunity to build a successful career within a reputable company which encourages and supports personal and professional development
Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
Due to an increase in work load and promotions within the company, a senior appointment within their Geotechnical team is now available to a pragmatic and passionate Geotechnical Engineer looking undertake ground investigations and design for major commercial industrial and residential developments.
If you have considerable experience in site investigation, management and geotechnical design in a consultancy environment, this is the role for you.
All in a day`s work
No two days are the same as you`ll be in a decision making role, from delivering geotechnical and geo-environmental assessments or assisting with bids, your technical input will be valued with our client. It is here that you can be at the forefront of work you can be proud of as you help identify and develop markets for geoservices.
As part of a multi-disciplinary consultancy, your expertise will be called upon as you work collaboratively with the structural and civil engineering teams and assisting the development of
Successful candidates will have:
- Masters qualified in a relevant degree, approaching or at chartered status with ICE/ GeolSoc.
- Able to prepare Desk Study reports and Mining Risk Assessments
- Design and supervision of ground investigations, organising fieldwork, direction of sub-contractors
- Familiarity with all ground investigation techniques
- Logging of soils/rocks to BS5930 / EC7
- Use of geotechnical databases, such as HoleBASE
- Use of slope stability applications, such as SLIDE or SLOPE/W
- Interpretative reporting, including bearing capacity, settlement, pavement design, and foundations
- Experience of working with other disciplines (civil, structural, environmental).
- Appreciation of financials aspects of projects, ability to prepare fee proposals, and able to support others in fee bids.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Design of piles, soil nails, ground anchors, retaining walls, slope stabilisation, dewatering, reinforced soil, surcharge schemes, etc.
- Familiarity with analytical software such as EA R&D 20, RBCA, CLEA to derive site specific thresholds and clean-up criteria
- Familiar with Phase 1 and 2 assessments
- Understanding of the Source-Pathway-Receptor methodology
- An awareness of appropriate remedial strategies and options including process-based methods
- Negotiations with local authorities and agencies
- Supervision of remedial works
- Validation work and associated reporting
- Able to check others work
To reward you for your hard work our client provides a highly competitive package to compensate you with, such as 24 days holiday, flexible working-hours, company life insurance, private healthcare, cash plan scheme (dental, optical and wider therapy) access to employee assistance programme, online staff discounts
Make a difference, apply today
If this is not the ideal role/ location for you contact Linda Le at RGB on (Apply online only) for a confidential discussion about roles that would suit you or check our website for more adverts like these. (url removed)