Are you looking for a challenging but rewarding role in a growing organisation?
Have you got experience in working with complex contract implementation and project management?
Do you pride yourself on your financial acumen and attention to detail on all things figures?
Then we may have the perfect role for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager based at our expanding and dynamic client in Wokingham.
You will ideally be a professional with demonstrable experience in executing projects with clear and concise direction, whilst also delivering on your promises. You will ideally have experience in working or dealing within the public sector with an ability to communicate with individuals at all levels. Any experience working around contracts/finalising contracts within the public sector will work in your favour. You must have excellent IT literacy with particular emphasis on excel, word and outlook.
This role will be office-based but may include some travel throughout the UK & Ireland. You will be expected to report on various factors on a regular basis. The office hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, however due to the level of the role, some additional work may be required. You will be equipped with all of the tools to perform in the role - eg. Mobile phone, laptop etc
If you feel like you have what it takes to progress in this role, then please apply today and we will be in touch.
If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, then please assume that your application has not been successful this time. We will keep your details on file and endeavour to be in touch should an alternative role become available that may be of interest.
Better Work, Better Life.
** Subject to Terms and Conditions. For more information, head to (url removed) or call (Apply online only)
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Events Coordinator - Education Sector
£11- £15 per hour
We are working with a leading further education college in East Sussex to help recruit an Events Coordinator on a contract basis.
You would be working with an external organisation to plan and arrange an event that will be held at the end of May 2017. This would entail working with curriculum managers from the college to attract L3 (foundation) students to attend the event and ensuring it runs smoothly. You will be required to work closely with the marketing team, where you will support them pre and post event.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience of organising events
- Proven ability to work co-operatively with others
- Demonstrable experience of working in a marketing environment
- Knowledge of managing marketing / advertising campaigns, projects or initiatives
- Experience in commissioning design and print work
- Experience of working with electronic media
If you would like to find out more about this vacancy, please apply to the FE Team at Eden Brown Synergy.
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit (url removed)
Microbiology R&D Manager
Location: North West
Our client is a manufacturer and supplier of Microbiological and diagnostic products to the clinical and scientific sector. A new opportunity has become available for an experienced R&D manager to join the company and oversee 4 core R&D areas of Antibiotic Sensitivity, Pharmaceutical Services, Media and Urinalysis.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will directly manage 4 team leaders and a team of 20 indirect reports. Key responsibilities will include:
- Overall management of the 4 R&D areas within the business
- Manage delivery of projects for each R&D area in line with commercial, technical and regulatory requirements
- Drive and promote high quality, reliable, accurate and cost effective diagnostic products
- Identify new products and product developments opportunities
- Management of department budgets and project accounting
Suitable applicants will have;
- Previous commercial experience within a management role with evidence of effective management of R&D project teams
- Good knowledge of diagnostic Microbiology and application within the commercial market
- Ideally educated to PhD in Clinical Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences or related discipline (or equivalent industry experience)
- Excellent communication skills and organised and methodical work ethic
- Knowledge of German or French language would be beneficial
In return our client offers an opportunity to join a developing team offering with a competitive remuneration package
The Role:Commercial Assistant
The Commercial Assistant is responsible, on any contract assigned to them, for providing commercial support to the Commercial Management Team.
The Commercial Assistant will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other team members at all levels and across all the teams within to ensure that the requirements of the individual contracts and their impact upon the overall Project are successfully delivered
Providing general commercial support to the Commercial Management Team generally as described below.
Providing support to the Commercial Management Team in the following areas
Work with collaborative behaviours, in a spirit of mutual trust and cooperation
Assessment and valuation of Contractor's applications and the processing of payment certificates in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions
Measures from drawings or on site to establish quantities and review payment applications
Administration of the Early Warning process
Assessment of day work records and accounts
Ensuring contractual deliverables are met
Review of Contractor deliveries including where appropriate attending valuation and progress review meetings
Monitor and report on commercial aspects of the contract and/or project flagging issues at the earliest opportunity to the Commercial Manager
Provision of advice and information on contract change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action and producing required documentation
Preparation of commercial cost reports and progress measurement
Compilation of Supplier Performance and Lessons Learnt Reports
Undertake final account reviews, settlements and reconciliations to facilitate project close out
Administration of commercial management tools including, but not limited to, CEMAR and SAP
Provide commercial support to the Project Manager in the effective delivery of the contract
At all times operate in accordance with IMS, rules, procedures to ensure that all contracts are administered within delegation of authority and the overall governance / assurance regime.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
Experience of working as part of a team within a commercial environment
Good working knowledge contracts, basic estimating, valuations, cost reporting and financial modelling
Basic understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels is essential
Having a clear direction and sense of purpose
The ability to think laterally and tackle new areas of risk and opportunity
Good communicator with the ability to adapt to different audiences, including verbal, written and presentation skills
Effective decision making
Being honourable, trustworthy, fair and honest - respecting confidentiality
Plans ahead, is able to identify important issues and works in a systematic way
Engaging and motivating in a team of professionals
Participate in a working environment of safety, autonomy and trust
Warrington, Warrington, UK
PSR Solutions are currently looking for a project manager to join one of the top 10 civil contractors within the UK. With a full order book for 2017 this contractor has a number of projects within the UK delivering highways and infrastructure.
As a multi-disciplined contractor they have partnered relationships over many years with local authority highways' teams, engineering consultants, private road operators, supply chain partners and specialist providers, this reputable contractor delivers a wide-range of civil engineering solutions across the UK.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Managing all paperwork and back office paperwork - important
* Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
* Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
* Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
* Overall performance management of subcontractors.
* Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
* Interfaces with the all other functional leaders within the organisation to facilitate successful development of the project from solution stage constructability through construction, installation, commissioning and handover to the client.
Qualifications / Training
* HNC / HND or equivalent.
* Driving License.
* Temporary Works Coordination - CITB.
* Relevant CSCS Card or equivalent.
* Primavera Project Management. (Desirable).
* Degree or equivalent experience. (Desirable).
If this is something that is of interest to you then please contact me on 07909 09 0029 or (Apply online only) 55 or alternatively please send your CV over
Due to expanding work load an established asbestos management consultancy that has a national presence and at the same time provides professional asbestos and environmental services to a large portfolio of clients is actively seeking to recruit a high calibre Asbestos Lab Analyst in West Midlands and will include applications from Birmingham, Coventry, West Bromwich and the surrounding areas
Qualifications & Experience:
The applicant must have attained the P401 qualification and must have previous practical experience working within this role in a laboratory environment and within the asbestos field.
Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office Package.
Receiving samples delivered to the laboratory - booking samples received from sites and analyzing samples.
Completing forms - completion of analysis - Data sheets
Typing certificates of analysis as and when required.
Participating in internal and external (AIMS) audit scheme for asbestos identification.
Maintaining paper work in an orderly manner.
Maintaining paperwork and samples in an orderly manner.
Ensuring that all records are kept up to date and secure.
Ensuring all laboratory equipment is kept clean.
Ensuring that the samples are stored and disposed appropriately as per company guidelines.
Getting involved with any other ad hoc duties.
Overall, the successful applicant must be smart, have a positive, flexible and responsive attitude towards work and have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Prioritize workload and complete work within time frame.
This role comes with an attractive salary, dependent on experience and along with other benefits.
Future Select are the leading market supplier for recruitment in the Asbestos industry, we work with the best clients & candidates and supply the majority of permanent jobs in the asbestos market.
We have a large dedicated team, with over 25 years combined industry experience within Asbestos recruitment specifically geared to dealing with Asbestos Surveyors/Analysts/Lab Technicians, Administrators, Project/Regional /Technical/Quality/Training/Sales Managers through to Director level for both Consultancy & Removal. We have intrinsic knowledge of the market place, as well as respecting candidates/clients confidentiality in this close knit market sector.
We are also interested in anyone with p401/p402/p403/p404/p404 or s301 CCP.
We are inundated with applications, we will endeavour to get back in touch, however if you have applied to Future Select and you have not heard from us after a week, on this occasion, you will not have been successful. Your details will be saved on our system and you will be contacted in the future if a vacancy matches your skills.
Future Select Copyright 2017
My Client are a rapidly growing Multi-Discipline Construction & Property Consultancy who are looking to speak to Assistant to Intermediate Quantity Surveyors round the Sale, Cheshire area. While working directly under the PQS Director of the Sale office, this role offers the successful candidate first class development as a Quantity Surveyor and Project Manager, excellent attention with APC support and learning new skills to offer a high standard of employer agent services and dealing and working alongside very high profile clients. This Consultancy will predominantly be working with a wide range of clients working on schemes such as the Baskerville House, Leicester University/football club, Bristol Zoo and many more high profile projects.
This role will ideally be for those with previous experience working within a Construction/Property Consultancy working towards MRICS Chartership although other experiences will be considered.
* Advise on costs involved in building projects
* Evaluation of costs and advise on alternative proposals
* Advise on contract arrangements and conditions under which buildings will be constructed
* Evaluation of tenders
* Provide advice on implications of different construction methods, materials
* Prepare bills of quantities
* Prepare final accounts
To discuss all my relevant roles in complete confidence please call Rob Hayton at Calibre Search
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business
Project Manager to work for a FTSE 100 organisation. Our customer is one of the largest British companies in the world and have a huge IT Consultancy practice. Due to growth in one of their largest Local Government accounts, they are now seeking a number of Project Managers to be based in Barnet.
The nature of the role will be to deliver a mixture of infrastructure and software development projects. The projects will be sized between £25k - £250k and you will be managing up to 3 projects at once. You will work closely with the customer and be delivering fixed price solutions. You will not only be involved in delivering projects but also take into account factors such as cost modelling and cost tracking.
You will be working for a Blue-Chip organisation but working onsite at a major Local Government organisation in Barnet. The role will be based 4 days a week in Barnet and 1 day working from home.
The ideal candidate will have strong Project Management experience, coupled with experience of delivering projects sized between £25k - £200k. You MUST have proven experience of understanding project P&L's and forecasting project costs. Experience of working for a Service Provider is seen as highly desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader that offers excellent benefits and a structured career path.
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation
Our client is an established business in St Ives and they are currently recruiting for someone to join their finance team working in an interesting and challenging position.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your role will be varied and will include;
* Looking after the monthly billing process
* Monthly aged debtor reporting and reconciling the general ledger
* Weekly bank reconciliation, bank transactions and transfers
* Credit control and debtor statements
* Project co-ordination, working with internal managers and assisting with project reporting and analysis
* Sales pipeline forecasting
* Project and budget setup and management
* Weekly reporting
The suitable candidate will have a background working in finance either at a transactional sales ledger and credit control level, or will have an understanding of project accounting and be interested in developing their skills and experience in this field.
As well as a solid understanding of accounting principles, the suitable candidate will have above average IT skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Study support will be offered if appropriate alongside a generous benefits package and great scope for progression and development.
Send your CV for immediate consideration
St Ives, Saint Ives PE27, UK
Site Manager Required - Swanley - Rapidly growing Kent based house builder
Your new company
Permanent Site Manager required by a Kent based house builder. With a rapidly growing order book and equally ambitious build targets they are considered one of the fastest growing Construction companies in the region. Working on new build residential schemes in the 30 - 200 unit mark, projects are typically located in the Kent and South London area with approximately 10 schemes currently on site.
Your new role
You will be Site Manager on a new build site consisting of 30-40 timber framed apartments. The units are shared ownership. You will be no.1 on site.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client are looking for an experienced Site Manager with a background in new build residential and also someone who wants to be part of a rapidly growing company for the long term.
SMSTS, First Aid and CSCS card required.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a competitive annual salary + Package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Assistant Accountant - 12month Maternity leave contract - Wimborne
£26,000 - £28,000 DOE + 20 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays + Parking , Working Hours 9am – 5.30pm
Dovetail Recruitment are recruiting for an experienced all round Assistant Accountant to join a well established company based in Wimborne, you will be joining a team of accounts professionals producing the accounts for a variety of clients.
This is an office based role with occasional visits to client offices; as the Assistant Accountant you will need to be adaptable and able to build good rapports with your clients to gain trust and future business.
Previous experience using Sage Line 50 and Xero would be ideal;
This is a great opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join a company who has an excellent reputation and who pride themselves on delivering an excellent service to their clients. You would be joining a professional and client focused team of Bookkeepers within a friendly and professional environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Completing Book keeping from Incomplete records, and also for those clients where work has not been completed for a significant period of time or incorrectly.
• Assist with payroll preparation as required and maintain a working knowledge of payroll requirements, regularly reviewing processes.
• To complete and review VAT returns.
• To complete Various Balance Sheet reconcilliations
• Offering advice to Clients and members of the team of Various VAT/Accounting scenarios.
• Assisting with the preparation of management accounts and management information for clients through effective planning, reviewing documentation and work programmes and identification of risks to ensure the accurate production of management accounts.
• Continual review of VAT/bookkeeping processes and implementation of changes where necessary.
• Providing support to outsourcing team, on various reconciliation & Process issues.
• Maintaining a high standard of work, ensuring that reviews that are performed are signed off.
• Liaising with clients to understand the needs and wants of their business and information requirements. Working with the client to design and implement the necessary systems to capture the data required.
• Ensure that all deadlines set with the client are achieved and working with the Outsourcing Manager to ensure that these deadlines are met.
• Undertake adhoc project work both internally and for clients.
Experience and Knowledge:
• Confident knowledge of Sage Line 50
• Knowledge of Xero system ideally
• Confident communication skills
• Able to build relationships with clients
• Flexible and Adaptable approach to work
This job would suit candidates currently working as a Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Professional Accountant, Practice Accountant.
If you are interested in this position please click on Apply Now.
Alternatively to find out more, or to see other opportunities that we have available please visit our website
Wimborne Minster, Wimborne, Dorset BH21, UK
Quantity Surveyor required by market leading provider of structural steelwork, steel fabrications and architectural metalwork. Based in Sittingbourne and covering contracts throughout London and the South East.
£40K - £50K, depending on experience.
As a result of ongoing expansion we are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated and confident professional to join our commercial team.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
-Control of all day to day commercial and contractual aspects of large design and build projects.
-Ensure that return on resources employed is maximised.
-Prepare, submit and agree valuations.
-Prepare commercial reports for review.
-Ensure accurate commercial records are maintained of onsite activities.
-Attend internal and external project meetings, provide solid commercial and cost advice at these meetings.
-Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the project objectives are met.
-Understand the construction process and provide value engineering opportunities.
-Maintain and develop professional relationships with the client, to help future business development.
-Assist with estimates / tenders.
- BSc or HND/HNC in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction /
commercial related subject.
- Industry experience in the role of Quantity Surveyor.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of construction contracts, particularly JCT & NEC 3.
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills.
- Excellent time management.
Negotiable depending upon experience within approx £40,000 to £50,000 plus bonus, and pension. The position is based in Sittingbourne, Kent and there will be a need for regular visits to London and throughout the South East
Sittingbourne, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Marketing Assistant to join a well known, busy company in Hereford. As one of the UK's fastest growing global technology companies, there has never been a better time to become part of their successful family!
The Marketing Assistant will be a key member of the Sales and Marketing team, primarily supporting the Assistant Marketing Manager's activities, giving customer support, creating customer quotes and dealing with queries - while at the same time you will be dealing with marketing tasks and projects in accordance with the marketing strategy.
Ideally you will hold a graduate qualification, or have strong working background in a marketing and sales role. You will have experience in writing marketing copy and be able to create new and innovative ideas to promote the company's products in various print and digital materials such as magazine editorial pieces, adverts, email campaigns, social media outlets and website. You will also contribute to the delivery of marketing activities and support campaigns related to this.
This role can provide career progression opportunities within customer relations, international sales and marketing, so ambitious and driven individuals are encouraged to apply.
You will be offered a competitive salary of up to £21,000. Onsite parking, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and a full time, permanent job.
To be considered simply apply below, email or call (Apply online only) for more information
Highways Construction Manager - Barnet
About the role
Reporting to the Highways Director the Highways Construction Manager will be a key position in managing the highway contractors and operational teams that deliver maintenance infrastructure works. This position involves overseeing the contractors, supervisors and workforce involved in undertaking operational maintenance activities for highways works; both highway/ junction improvements and resurfacing.
Relevant duties and responsibilities will include assurance of a cost effective delivery and quality services in accordance with Re's vision and values so as to enhance the quality of life and physical environment of the client in London Borough of Barnet and contribute to the prosperity of the borough.
About Capita Re
Re, Regional Enterprise Limited, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Re runs the Council's development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services and will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work
What you will do:
* Manage and lead operational delivery for minor highways and infrastructure works.
* Financial / commercial management of highway operational activities
* Monthly forecasting and reporting on income and expenditure
* Oversee delivery of revenue and minor capital programmes in accordance with financial regulations
* Ensure that all operations adopt a customer service approach both in development and delivery
* Demonstrate commercial acumen and awareness
* Manage the delivery of services within the respective portfolio
* Manage and report on KPIs based on service delivery.
* Oversee programming of highway improvement schemes using appropriate asset management systems in order to ensure the effective implementation of resources.
* Ensure working practices and employee relations create modern ways of working consistent with Best Value and Customer Care
* Ensure that all enquiries from Councillors, Members of the public and others are answered appropriately and on time
* Represent the Partnership at meetings, forums and other groups related to the service
* Manage capital and revenue budgets relating to the service area
* Investigation of complaints related to the service
* Carry out other duties as appropriate.
* On occasions be required to work unsociable/ out of hours for urgent / emergency situations.
Your experience will include:
* Manage a team and ensure successful delivery of highway works.
* Ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision;
* Experience of working in a commercial service delivery environment.
* Understanding of local authority service delivery needs.
* Ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects simultaneously from inception to completion
* Ability to demonstrate experience or understanding of Health and Safety including CDM
* Good IT, written and verbal communication skills at all levels
* Good time /budgetary management skills and commercial acumen
* Working knowledge of basic legislation
* Confident self-motivating and innovative with the ability to share our enthusiasm and determination
* Experience of working with consultants/ contractors
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check