FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY VACANCY, RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED***
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Process Development Technologist to join a chilled food processor who is a major player in their market and supply to the majority of the retailers.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the Product Development process, by way of undertaking duties associated with product trials and product evaluation – in-line with Company and Customer requirements.
•Undertake trials in-line with the Company and Customer requirements and as instructed by line manager.
•Document all data from trials including shelf-life, and organs, comprehensively and legibly for future review in order to establish process capabilities and support due diligence.
•Secure and submit appropriate samples as requested by Customer as well as those for analysis e.g. Microbiological, for organoleptic evaluation and for transit trials.
•Plan and organise resources to achieve the day to day delivery of trials, in-line with Project timescales.
•Working with NPD and Operations establish appropriate quality attributes for work in progress material, assembly and finished product taking into account operational capabilities.
•Carry out on-going Process validation of relevant factory equipment to ensure site due diligence requirements are met.
•Co-ordinate Pre-Production and launch preparation.
•Contribute to post launch evaluation of process in conjunction with NPD to ensure process established at launch is still valid for full scale production and implement improvements as necessary.
•To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to health, safety and the environment.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Rob Salter for further information on (Apply online only)
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit
Cherry Professional are recruiting for an Interim Financial Controller for a Derby based Construction Company.
As privately-owned business in the construction industry, they are successfully going through a period of sustained growth. This is an exciting time for the company and they are looking for a reliable Financial Controller to cover a period of Maternity Leave, to support them through this period.
* Day to day management of the finance team, including coaching
* Production the month end accounts through to completion in an accurate and timely manner
* Formulate Company budget & forecast and ensure business meets or betters them.
* Driving process improvements
* Provide key Management Information and analysis for the business,
* Manage internal and external relationships
* Processing and reconciling CIS reports / returns
This is great role for a hands-on Financial Controller who enjoys working within an SME environment, being involved in the whole process end to end and still having a strategic input into the development of the company. Support will be given from a Finance Director on a consultative basis each week.
If you are available for a contract from May for a 9-12 month period, please get in touch immediately. Open to both Qualified and Qualified by Experienced candidates.
Cherry Professional are acting on behalf of a client in this recruitment. Other roles you may have applied for are: Head of Finance, Finance Manager, FC, HOF
Material, Planning and Logistics Manager - Automotive Manufacturing
£60k + Fantastic Benefits
I am currently looking for an experienced and competent Material, Planning and Logistics Manager to play a key role in developing, monitoring and evaluating overall performance of the business in meeting and exceeding the customer expectations.
Certain emphasis will be on all aspects of the Materials, Planning and Logistics function from Planning to Despatch, including supporting the business process across the Site
The position will provide useful financial and performance data to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy.
You will interact effectively with other parts of the company, be viewed as a trusted business colleague. Critical outcomes include supporting the Senior Management Team with key information and operational analysis.
Specific Duties involve: -
* To be involved and oversee the design, control and where necessary ordering of packaging and containers e.g. KLT
* Work to achieve the Key Performance Indicators set in agreement with the General Manager
* Working with the manufacturing team to achieve and improve upon agreed raw material and finished stock levels
* To assist in assessing feasibility on new business opportunities
* To be actively involved in new developments / processes to expand the product portfolio
* To provide support and advice on cost estimates
* Work with the team to achieve an effective and efficient production plan
* Complete all relevant capacity planning studies
Goods Inward & Despatch:
* To ensure goods and ancillary items received are processed, stored and issued correctly
* To oversee the team ensuring goods are packaged in the correct containers
* To ensure transport for collections / deliveries if required is achieved
* To coordinate the team ensuring all elements of paperwork and goods conform to requirement and that the goods are despatched using the approved carrier to the correct locations
To be considered you will have a background in a 'fast moving' Materials, Planning and Logistics Management arena
You will have have needed to work within and improve existing work practices and procedures surrounding the Quality (TS16949 / IATF 16949) and Environmental (ISO14001) systems
This is a 'hands on' role where the you will be responsible for Materials, Planning and Logistics activities working alongside Engineering, Site, Commercial and Quality
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your most up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and reference 41787940/MPLMGRSKM27
Construction Manager - West Midlands
My client are a leading contractor with an exceptional reputation for the delivery of high quality housing on a national basis. The Midlands region are looking to source an experienced Construction Manager.
Working closely with the Senior Management team you will operate on a strategic basis and will be truly influential in the region's growth
As Construction Manager you will be responsible for leading production activities across multiple projects within an already established operational team, ensuring delivery of projects to meet or exceed targets and expectation whilst ensuring customer satisfaction is very much at the forefront.
Previous experience in a similar role within the NEW BUILD construction/residential industry is essential;
On offer for the right candidate is a competitive basic salary, car allowance or company vehicle, 26 days holiday, pension, private healthcare
To discuss this excellent opportunity, please contact Heidi Genner at Edge Careers in the first instance via email on or call (Apply online only)
Quest Employment are currently recruiting for a MI Manager / Reporting Systems Manager for a leading Fleet Management company.
You will lead and participate on a wide range of initiatives to transform the data and information landscape using a wide range of source databases and data interface toolsets that provide data to multiple reporting platforms.
Your team of reporting analysts and data administrators will sculpt the raw business data into reportable, actionable information for our Customers.
The reporting landscape will undergo a strategic change to centralise both the data warehouse and the reporting platforms, and enable the analysts and business users to access data and information as and when they need. You will be instrumental in establishing a Reporting Tool that will provide ad-hoc reporting, self-serve reports, analytics, dashboards and mobile capabilities. You will shape, drive and direct the reporting team, and create a dramatic change in the efficiency and effectiveness of Business Intelligence in the business.
* Manage the daily activities of the members of the reporting team. Train, supervise, assigns tasks to, and evaluate the team to maintain optimum performance
* Key role interfacing with the Business' data and information requirements, ensuring they are understood, tasked and delivered within time and resource
* Responsible for the security, access and usage of the Reporting Tool, and various reporting tools under the IT remit
* Takes ownership for resolving all data and information queries through to the source for our Customers
* Review workloads and analyse resource requirements. Facilitate the development of effective BI requirements through a solid understanding of processes, the applications and the data
* Provide senior technical leadership including being conversant with the future direction of systems, how that direction will impact the company, and how future and current systems can be leveraged for the benefit of the company
* Assess organisational opportunities to integrate new and existing company systems into the centralised BI landscape as part of a long term strategic roadmap and short-term tactical solutions
* Enforce departmental operation procedures, applicable security practices, production policies and support needs to ensure that the quality of service provided meets customer requirements
* Evaluate and recommend state-of-the-art development tools for use within the development ecosystem to achieve the most cost-effective, maximum-value solutions
* Proven experience with report writing, technical requirements analysis, business process modelling/mapping, methodology development, and data modelling
* Excellent/advanced MS Excel skills (VBA, Cubes, Functions, Pivot Tables etc)
* Experience of working with HTML in a live environment
* Familiar with object based programing
* Strong understanding of relational database structures, principles and practices
* Hands-on knowledge, data modelling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools
* Experience with business requirements analysis, database design, reporting structures, etc.
* Thorough and up to date understanding of IT development approaches, computer architecture, tools and techniques
* Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements
* Experience with developing and maintaining technical documentation; process documentation
* Strong communication skills essential
The working hours for this role are 8:30am - 6pm. This role is offered with a competitive salary and company car
Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, UK
We are working with our client who are looking for a Principal Engineer / Chartered Civil Engineer to provide technical support on a wide variety of maritime projects. You will also assist with business development and with the management and development of engineers to excel at delivering technically challenging projects.
• Oversee and participate in the production of engineering design calculations, engineering design details and engineering reports for a range of projects relating to the field of maritime engineering.
• Provide advice, guidance and expertise to more junior staff within the office.
• Act as technical manager on a range of projects principally relating to the field of maritime engineering and supervise project staff and ensure delivery of projects within programme and budget constraints.
• Oversee and contribute to the production of technical, commercial and contractual documents for procurement of engineering projects.
• Promote and maintain satisfactory client relationships and be responsible for retention of business with specific client bodies.
• Contribute to the development of the client base within the office through the production of proposals and interaction with clients. Participate in the development of new and existing client bases within the office.
• Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
• Chartered Engineer, either MICE or MStructE
• Experience in Maritime Civil Engineering
• Experienced in structural design/analysis of maritime structures and application of BS 6349, Eurocodes and other international codes and standards.
• Ideally qualifications and experience of seismic analysis and design, including civil structures.
• Good organisational skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
My client are offering a competitive salary, and a car allowance, plus a range of benefits. They also offer a discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy
Our client is looking for a Production and Labour Planner to join their Production team. This is a key role involving analysing data, trends, volume spikes & dips, forecasting the requirements needed to run a successful & efficient production line/s.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you'll be based at the production facility in Northamptonshire. On a daily basis, you'll be responsible for planning, scheduling and analysing the data around production, to ensure that KPI's are met and our efficiency is maximised.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a data savvy individual or an excel wizz looking to gain some hands on experience within Production and Supply Chain.
Our client is looking for someone who has experience in one or several of the following areas; Warehouse Planning & Scheduling, Warehouse Clerk, Warehouse Administration, Transport Planning Clerk or similar.
If you believe you are one of the above with the transferable skills to be a success in a Production Labour Planning role then please read on..............
Junior Labour Planner / Works Scheduler Job Description:
Hours of work: Monday to Friday late shift 12 midday to 8pm.
What you'll do:
* Manage forecasts and convert into a Daily & Weekly Plan, in order to optimise stock and production lines.
* Responsible for the production planning and the execution of the S&OP Supply Plan
* Generate and analyse weekly and monthly KPI's for all aspects of the Operations function - identifying key trends and issues and contribute to planning targets for the site
* Work closely with the Production leaders in relation to efficiency, plan attainment, changeovers, and flexibility.
* Support Marketing / R&D in projects and upcoming product changes.
* Support Materials planning requirements when holiday / sickness cover is required.
* To contribute significantly to the achievement of 100% service level for the site whilst achieving a cost effective finished goods and material stock level.
Who you are:
* Experience in a similar planning or customer service role is essential (logistics or manufacturing / production)
* Strong administration skills with a high level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Excel.
* Experienced in T&A / Employee control systems (Horizon is the current onsite T&A system)
* Experienced in ERP or WMS systems would be advantageous
* Knowledge of low & high care food products would be an advantage
* Able to plan labour effectively based on trends, previous output levels, capabilities etc....
* Knowledge of practical statistics for process control and analysis purposes.
* Intermediate to advanced excel skills (demonstrable)
* Ability to reason logically and present findings in an orderly fashion.
* Ability to prioritise and understand the bigger picture within the site e.g. the total process flow
* Ability to communicate with and influence on Operational matters
* Highly organised and detail oriented
* Self-starter who's able to excel in an autonomous environment
This role would suit someone who is currently working in a Production Planner, Production Scheduler, Labour Planner, Works Planner, Manufacturing Planner role
It is commutable from Wellingborough, Kettering, Bedford, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Corby, Burton Latimer, Thrapston, Islip, Raunds.
Interviews for this role is to take place over the next 2 weeks, apply today
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
My client, are a leading high speed automation company based in Glastonbury. They are looking for an Engineering Shift Supervisor to join their strong maintenance team. The role is 70/30 hands on and will be looking after a shift with 3 engineers. The facility is heavily automated, so this role will suit electrically biased engineers who enjoy working with PLC controlled robotic environment.
* Managing, running a team of 3 Multi skilled engineers.
* Ensure all machinery is working to the designed output efficiency
* Dismantle and re-assemble production machinery
* Carrying out risk assessments
* Regular PPM and scheduled maintenance and improvement works
* Alongside the Site Manager put training plans in place for engineers
* Ensure all health and safety guidelines are met at all times
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Previous Supervisory experience
* Electrically biased background
* Siemens S7 Experience
* Distribution, FMCG or Pharmaceutical background
* Strong leadership skills
* Shift position - Continental Days & Nights
* Overtime available
* Various benefits package
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy - Scott Bird on (Apply online only) or by sending your CV directly to him at
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West of England and South Wales. If you are looking for work in this area' we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on (Apply online only) and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants
NHS – Medical Staffing Officer - 3 Month rolling - £250 per day – Outside IR35 - Overnight accomodation required
I am urgently recruiting for an interim Medical Staffing Officer to join my client ASAP.
This role will take overall responsibility for the production of medical rota`s, namely Locum Doctors, and be the authority sole, central point of contact. Furthermore, this position will have a heavy involvement in the implementation of a new master vend agreement.
For full information on the role, please contact Tomas Pratt on (Apply online only)
39 Egerton Ave, Swanley, Hextable, Kent BR8 7LG, UK
Sphere Solutions are recruiting for a Site Manager to manage the build of an affordable housing site. Based in Tiverton, Devon you will work with an experienced team to deliver the units within time and budget.
Managing the site team and the supervision of sub-contractors
Co-ordination of all sub-contractors and directly employed staff
Drive production of the site, building to programme and budget
Ensure a high level of health and safety at all times
Liaison with both the client and Clerk or Works
A proven track record in house building at a similar level would be advantageous
Knowledge of modern construction methods, processes and current health and safety legislation
SMSTS, CSCS and First Aid is required
Large Element of groundworks and retaining wall, so a good background in housing infrastructure will be advantageous.
Package Circa £40- 45k + car allowance + bonus + package
Excellent client base and longevity of work
If you are interested in this role and want to discuss further please call Abbie Evans on (Apply online only) for a confidential chat.
Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the South West & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Bristol & Cardiff, we pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants.”
Sphere Solutions promote equal opportunities for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic background
Tiverton, Tiverton, Devon EX16, UK
Cell Manager (Casting and Motor Manufacturing) - Kidderminster
A Cell Manager is required on a permanent basis to join a leading defence organisation based in the Worcestershire area who manufacture niche, high value products for the Ministry of Defence.
The Cell Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling manufacturing processes, as well as ensuring goods are produced efficiently, safely, on time and to budget.
The Cell Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing production across various areas including casting and inhibition, igniters, propellant machining and motor assembly
- Ensuring that production is cost effective
- Monitoring production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- Selection and maintenance of equipment
- Monitoring product standards and adjusting schedules where required
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers
- Reviewing operator performance and development
- Liaising with other departments, eg Programmes, Supply Chain and Engineering
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed
In addition, the following general attributes are required for the Cell Manager:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (eg Chemistry, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Manufacturing Engineering)
- Ability to plan and organise work flow
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively at all levels
- Experience in a process manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with energetic materials and/or working on a COMAH site desirable
Due to our client's activity and customer base, security clearances will be required. On this basis, applicants will need to be from a suitable nationality and background to be considered.
This is an urgent requirement, so if you are interested in applying for the role of Cell Manager, please apply directly or contact Sarah Davies,
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency
Dudley St, Kidderminster DY10 2JJ, UK
My client is one of the country's most successful manufacturer and installers of UPVC Window and door products. Based in South Yorkshire, they are currently looking for an experienced uPVC Production Manager to cover their night shift.
The successful applicant will need to give leadership and direction to the team, conduct reviews, meetings, evaluations and risk assessments. They will liaise with other managers and departments to ensure best practice is embraced.
Candidates must have previous experience of window and door industry production management.
For full information, contact Sarah on (Apply online only) quoting ref MM259
£30-£35k - Depending on experience
My client is a key player within the Signage industry who have been established for over 25 years. They specialise in providing a full-scale service from Design, Production, Installation and Maintenance working with various signage solutions.
They are rapidly growing and are actively looking for a new Production Manager to join their company!
The Production Manager will have the following responsibilities;
o Run and maintain various print machinery, ensuring your team follows SOPs and carries out relevant training to operate the various machines including Powder Coaters, Rolls Roller and more
o Oversee the full Production and Signage Fabrication department including the production of LED, Flexiface, Built up Letter Signage and more
o Organise work schedules, delegating tasks to team members to ensure production targets are met in accordance with client requirements
o Effectively liaise between the various departments to ensure deadlines are met
o Monitor and adjust the Production Process to adhere to BSO Standards
The Production Manager will have the following;
o At least 3+ years Production Management experience within the Signage Industry
o A solid understanding of the Production Process within the Signage Industry including Powder Coating methods and the use of Digital Presses and Rolls Roller
o Sheet metal work experience would be hugely beneficial
o Management skills - including training and development
o Negotiation skills to buy materials to keep within budget and time constraints
o Ability to communicate effectively within different levels of peers - team, managers and clients
o Computer literate to deal with various software programmes and technologies
o Excellent planning and organisational skills
For more information or to apply to the role, contact Katie Byrne via;
(Apply online only)
Warrington, Warrington, UK
Position: Senior Control & Automation Systems Engineer (PLC, SCADA, ICA, C&I)
Kinect’s award winning global client has a requirement for an experienced Senior Control & Automation Systems Engineer to join its expanding team in the South East of the country.
You will be undertaking systems engineering design & delivery services to a varied client base across a variety of industries. Projects range from typical Control & Automation projects through to unique challenges presented by some of more diverse clients.
This is genuinely an exciting opportunity to join one of the country’s most successful companies, with a wealth of career development opportunity available.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Senior engineer for the control and instrumentation aspects for a variety of projects, from system studies and investment appraisals through to detailed design.
• Liaison with clients, suppliers and contractors.
• Supporting project managers through the design & implementation of technical solutions.
• Work with others to support bidding activity.
• Cultivation of strong client relationships through technical excellence.
• Assuring technical delivery and ensuring quality throughout the project lifecycle.
• Implementation of appropriate standards.
• Specification, selection and justification of relevant equipment.
• Generation of Front End Engineering Design packages.
• Production of Technical Specifications.
The highly-sought candidate will possess the following:
• Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical, Electronic or Control and Instrumentation Engineering or other relevant discipline.
• Able to demonstrate sound technical experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to engage stakeholders at various levels within an organisation, building strong client relationships and engaging on a technical level.
• Experience in estimating technical effort in relation to bids and ongoing projects.
• Experience of technical document production throughout the project lifecycle.
• Knowledge of mechanical & electro-mechanical systems in an industrial setting (Desirable)
• Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership (Desirable)
• Working within a multi-discipline engineering team and having a general appreciation of other disciplines' constraints and requirements.
• Industrial Fieldbus systems, Automation, Safety System Design (Desirable)
• Building control systems
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
£45'000 - £55'000 + Progression + Healthcare + Benefits
Position for a driven and ambitious leader to spearhead both the strategic modernisation and the major expansion of what will become Europe's premier manufacturing facility of its kind.
This is the rare opportunity for an inspired leader who wants to take their knowledge of manufacturing to a new level, build their own legacy and develop the facility and people into one of the most impressive manufacturing sites across the continent.
This company has been established for well over a century, and are recognised as a market leader in the manufacturing of bespoke equipment across the globe. Designing and manufacturing the next generation of equipment by using the latest technology and systems they are in very high demand, making them the number one choice on the market today.
The role involves the strategic and operational leadership of the Manufacturing department across what will grow to double in size, implement the crème de la crème of equipment and build a team revered and drilled to superb standards. You will work closely with the Directorial team to make a difference making key critical decisions along the way and providing a central influence to the company achieving its goals.
Here is a fantastic opportunity to move into a newly formed role, make strategic key critical decisions towards ambitious and defined goals and play the role of the key figure in that movement.
*Manufacturing Engineering Manager
*Responsible for the growth of the manufacturing plant
*Highly autonomous role
*Personnel & Technical Development of the Plant
*Engineering Manager from a manufacturing background
*Custom Component manufacturing a benefit
*Is Open to re-location
*Background in Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvements
Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Engineering Manager, Manufacturing manager, FMCG, PLC, Lean, Continuous improvements, 6 sigma, six sigma, Kanban, kaizen, controls, capex, manufacturing, production, electrical, mechanical, hnd, hnc, onc, 17th edition, Dundee, fife, Edinburgh, Perth, Arbroath, Stirling, London, Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Birmingham, Leeds
This vacancy is being advertised by Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd. The services of Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd are that of an Employment Agency.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd regrets to inform that our client can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed