FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY VACANCY, RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED***
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Process Development Technologist to join a chilled food processor who is a major player in their market and supply to the majority of the retailers.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the Product Development process, by way of undertaking duties associated with product trials and product evaluation – in-line with Company and Customer requirements.
•Undertake trials in-line with the Company and Customer requirements and as instructed by line manager.
•Document all data from trials including shelf-life, and organs, comprehensively and legibly for future review in order to establish process capabilities and support due diligence.
•Secure and submit appropriate samples as requested by Customer as well as those for analysis e.g. Microbiological, for organoleptic evaluation and for transit trials.
•Plan and organise resources to achieve the day to day delivery of trials, in-line with Project timescales.
•Working with NPD and Operations establish appropriate quality attributes for work in progress material, assembly and finished product taking into account operational capabilities.
•Carry out on-going Process validation of relevant factory equipment to ensure site due diligence requirements are met.
•Co-ordinate Pre-Production and launch preparation.
•Contribute to post launch evaluation of process in conjunction with NPD to ensure process established at launch is still valid for full scale production and implement improvements as necessary.
•To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to health, safety and the environment.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Rob Salter for further information on (Apply online only)
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit
Acorn Executive is seeking a Site Manager to join their client's growing team to cover various sites within the UK (mainly England / Midlands area).
A management position, the post holder will:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the works.
- Liaise with all stakeholders.
- Monitor project plan and costs.
- Assume all health and safety duties.
- Oversee delivery of all materials and machinery.
- Complete any ad-hoc duties as required.
- MUST have bulk earthworks experience, preferably within a quarry environment or will have managed motorway projects.
- Decision making skills and the ability to work independently.
- Oral and written communication skills with high levels of numeracy.
- Hold good IT skills.
- Has to be organised, have a good attention to detail and the ability to handle responsibility.
- Must be able to work to deadlines and the capacity to identify problems quickly and to offer solutions.
- Have experience of being able to comply to health and safety regulations as well as other legislation.
- Strong people skills.
- Demonstrates confidence, drive and dynamic leadership.
- An energetic leader with motivational skills and enthusiasm to inspire and maximise team potential.
- Self-motivated, results-orientated and resilient.
- Anticipates and plans for risk; as well as generating fresh ideas.
- Leads by example.
- Takes ownership and accountability for individual actions.
- Someone who is dependable, demonstrates integrity and promotes trust.
- Be a team player.
- Interpersonal skills demonstrated by an approachable style, being a good listener and the ability to win respect and build effective relationships with their staff and senior stakeholders through personal actions and commitment to declared intentions.
- Highest levels of integrity and business ethics.
- University Degree or HND in a relevant discipline would be preferred or a NVQ Level 3 in Geotech.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- First aid.
Remuneration / package:
- Base salary of £50-£52K per annum.
- Company pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday, rising one day per year to a maximum of 25, plus 8 bank holidays.
- 1 month's notice.
For immediate consideration, please apply online today.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
Job Title: Highways Designer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Upto £40,000 + Benefits
Provide cost effective design solutions to maintain or improve the roads asset to the standards agreed and considering the needs of key stakeholders. Deliver the outcomes agreed with the Highways England to programme and budget.
* Assist in managing resources in the Highways team to deliver the agreed outcomes
* Oversee and mentor supporting staff or less experienced designers
* Assist in managing external resources to deliver the agreed outcomes
* Agree the briefs, programmes and budgets with the Principal Designer and Project Manager
* Allocate tasks to other members of the Highways team and monitor progress and costs
* Prepare briefs, designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for highways schemes to budget and programme
* Monitor and check designs and ensure they meet the brief
* Ensure designs are appropriate and meet the expected levels of quality
* Seek innovation in the delivery of schemes and techniques used in design and construction
* Ensure the Integrated Management System is actively applied to all designs
* Deliver a variety of highways schemes and provide highways advice to programme and budget
* Provide professional and technical competence in highway engineering
* Report to a Principal Designer on a bi-weekly basis on performance against budget and programme
* Identify schemes that need to be included in the Five Year Programme
* Assist the Network Strategy Manager in the proposals process
* Prepare Traffic Management Plans, Diversion Routes and organise Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders with HA and Local Councils
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
* Support the delivery of the business' Sustainability activities
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
* Membership, or working towards membership of an appropriate professional institution (ICE or IHT)
* Registered with the Engineering Council to IEng level, or about to undergo professional review.
* 5 days of CPD in last 12 months including 3 related to highway engineering
* Project management skills
* Competent in highway engineering
* Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of other highway related design areas
* Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
* Competent in exercising the Designer's obligations of CDM
* Attain appropriate CSCS card registration
* Understanding of environmental requirements of highway schemes
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of design standards (DMRB / MCDHW etc.) relevant to highway engineering
* Knowledge of the use of computer design applications
* Broad knowledge of Quality Management and IMS
* Relevant vocational qualifications (MEng / MSC/ BEng / BSc / HNC and HND)
* Knowledge, design and drafting capabilities in AutoCAD
* Knowledge of HA procedures
* Knowledge of highway design software
* Recent experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
* Consultation experience with Highways England, Local Councils, Emergency Services and key stakeholders
* Team building skills.
* Ability to develop relationships and engender trust at all levels of the Connect Plus Services organisation and with Clients
If you're interested please get in touch as soon as possible as they are looking to interview as soon as possible.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview
Due to expansion in workload and business requirement, this well-established and reputable asbestos consultancy is currently seeking for a good calibre Asbestos Lab Analyst to join their busy laboratory/office in Essex and will include applications from within this and the surrounding areas.
Qualifications & Experience:
The applicant must have attained the P401 qualification and at the same time must have previous relevant experience working within this role in a laboratory/office environment and within the asbestos sector.
Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Must proficient in using the Microsoft Package.
Role Will Entail:
Receiving and appropriately logging samples received by the laboratory.
Preparing samples for analysis and carrying out analysis of samples for fibre content.
Completing analysis test sheets as and when required and ensuring every effort to complete workload within required time line.
Getting involved with any other general duties as and when required.
In general, the successful applicant will be competent, flexible, have good attention to detail and manage workload effectively.
In return, this company offers a competitive salary, depending on expertise and also the opportunity to train towards the P402 or P403/P404.
Future Select are the leading market supplier for recruitment in the Asbestos industry, we work with the best clients & candidates and supply the majority of permanent jobs in the asbestos market.
We have a large dedicated team, with over 25 years combined industry experience within Asbestos recruitment specifically geared to dealing with Asbestos Surveyors/Analysts/Lab Technicians, Administrators, Project/Regional /Technical/Quality/Training/Sales Managers through to Director level for both Consultancy & Removal. We have intrinsic knowledge of the market place, as well as respecting candidates/clients confidentiality in this close knit market sector.
We are also interested in anyone with p401/p402/p403/p404/p404 or s301 CCP.
We are inundated with applications, we will endeavour to get back in touch, however if you have applied to Future Select and you have not heard from us after a week, on this occasion, you will not have been successful. Your details will be saved on our system and you will be contacted in the future if a vacancy matches your skills.
Future Select Copyright 2017
Mereside Industrial Estate, Mere Side, Soham, Ely CB7 5EE, UK
Data Manager - Up to £43K - Watford
Up to £43K
Mon-Fri, 8:30am to 5pm
24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
A successful Facilities Management company are seeking a Data Manager to work within their Data Support Team on a full time basis. This role is supporting the facilities teams in the south and Midlands, with Watford as a base but travel is required through these areas. You will be managing a large Maximo database and providing insights and improvement and provide business intelligent solutions to aid objectives.
Data Manager Responsibilities:
* Linking with contracts to understand their software requirements
* Assisting in the planning and monitoring of systems and data development projects
* Set-up, manage and administrate data in core Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) systems to support core processes such as:
* Planned and Reactive works
* Process Mapping
* Commercial Activities
* Planning and delivery of mobilisations
* System Development and Innovation
* Delivering training sessions for the systems
* Data migration
* Clean, transform, analyse and interpret data using statistical techniques and visualisation tools
* Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
* Management and configuration for Maximo 7 system, assessing requirements and developing relevant commercial data and reporting capabilities to support the commercial processes
* Developing the reporting using various Business Reporting Tools such as BIRT, SQL, TOAD, Microsoft Power BI, Nimbus Process Mapping etc.
* Develop strong relationships within the Facilities business as well as other departments within the company (IT, Management and Commercial)
Data Manager Requirements:
* Strong analytical skills
* Able to write SQL queries, report writing, analytics and presenting findings
* would be an advantage
* IT/ Data management background is essential
* Degree qualified in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or similar
* Knowledge and experience of working with IBM Maximo (7+) or similar CAFM system, reporting packages (BIRT, Microsoft PowerBI, Azure), is highly desirable
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Quantity Surveyor - Stafford - £45,000, company car, flexitime, bonus, 10% pension . Excellent opportunity to join an exceptional market leading corporate power infrastructure company.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a leading, global corporate organisation with excellent career progression opportunities and a forward thinking attitude to work/life balance.
The company is a multiple award winning, multi-billion pound turnover business that are always growing and expanding. They have an excellent reputation as a business but also as an employer and are great adversaries of promoting from within the ranks and offer the possibility to work globally in future years should that be something you wish to do.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for a number of live projects simultaneously ranging in value from £2 - £60M. The projects you will be involved in will be concerned with power infrastructure in the UK but please be assured that it is substantial QS experience and not specific industry experience that is desired.
We are particularly keen to receive applications from Quantity Surveyors at all levels who meet the following knowledge and experience criteria:
* 3 + years experience as a Quantity Surveyor
* Degree or HND in Quantity Surveying
* Experience in a building/civil/construction/power/rail/nuclear industry is desirable but any experience as a QS is applicable
* Can work independently and manage 2 or more projects at once
* JCT, NEC and other standard forms of contract experience beneficial
* £50,000 basic salary
* 33 days holiday
* Company Car or Car Allowance
* Individual bonus scheme worth £5000
* Matched company pension scheme up to 6%
* Flexible working hours
* Weekly dress down days
Location - Stafford
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more, please contact us urgently using one of the following methods:
Call Lawson Leefe on (Apply online only) or send an email with your questions, CV and contact details
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
To support the project management team in the every day management of projects for which they are responsible, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), Railway Group, Network Rail's company standards, and all current applicable legislation including CDM Regulations.
Working on the delivery civils programme. Working in a team of 12 and assisting with delivering and managing a wide range of civil engineering projects in accordance with the GRIP process. Working closely with Scheme Project Managers and Commercial staff. Responsible for ensuring projects are running to programme and budget deadlines
1. Work as part of a project team, assisting to deliver projects to time, cost and quality through various phases in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
2. Monitor and report programme and progress in accordance with project reporting systems and guidelines.
3. Develop and integrate effective support systems to enable the Project Manager to manage and control change.
4. Monitor contractor performance indicators and provide periodic progress reports.
5. Support the Project Management team in providing a safe working environment at all times during the execution of those projects under their responsibility.
6. Collate and report both weekly & periodic statistics for the implementation phases of the projects.
7. Provide administration support to the implementation teams as required.
8. Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Computer literate
* Use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Power point software.
* Educated to HND/HNC or similar standard.
* Civil engineering ideal
* Rail ideal but not essential
* PTS ideal
* Computer literate
* Use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Power point software.
* Membership (or working towards membership of) the Association for Project Management.
* A degree or equivalent.
* Knowledge of safety, quality, environmental, commercial and financial aspects.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website
Quantity Surveyor - Derby
We are looking for a proactive individual with excellent communication skills to join our busy Traffic Management team managing existing client accounts across the Midlands and the North of England. Reporting to the Commercial Manager and providing support across regional operations teams, the role will include the following:
Preparation, submission and agreement of monthly assessments.
Managing changes to the Contract, variations, changes in working practices etc
Pricing and agreement of Compensation Events.
Collation of supporting data/records.
Monthly agreement of costs with the client.
Client progress meetings
Agreement of final accounts
You will have some proven experience of working on highways projects, an understanding of the ECC suite of Contracts, good IT and organisational skills. A positive, flexible approach and a commitment to the on-going success of the Company is a must.
This is a unique role that offers incredible career progression working for a well established and reputable contractor.
* Salary - £30-55,000 dependant on experience.
* Car or car allowance
* Private health care
* 28 statutory holiday
If you are interested in learning more about this Quantity Surveying role, please give me a call on (Apply online only) or email me your CV at rob.harris@ (url removed)
Note* All converastions are had in the strictest confidence
Civils Site Engineer/Senior Engineer - Avonmouth
Edge Careers' client is a privately owned, well established organisation with a leading reputation in construction, civil engineering, logistics, property development and facilities management.
As Site Engineer/Senior Engineer you will maintain accurate dimensional control of projects, coach and develop Engineers and liaise with other Senior Engineers to continuously improve company setting out performance. Manage all technical site issues.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Engineer will include:
* Ensure that all setting out procedures, are carried out to a high standard.
* Review construction documentation (drawings, specifications and the like) for completeness, compatibility, cogency and constructability and draw anomalies to the attention of the Project Manager and/or Site Manager.
* Develop method statements/risk assessments as necessary to ensure that work on site is properly executed.
* Ensure that materials and equipment are procured in accordance with the latest contract information in sufficient time to enable the required rate of progress to be achieved.
To be successful in your application, you must have:
* A suitable Degree/HND/C
* At least 5 years setting out experience
* Experience of working on waste to energy projects.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Stuart Smith at Edge Careers
Avonmouth, Bristol BS11, UK
Construction Manager - West Midlands
My client are a leading contractor with an exceptional reputation for the delivery of high quality housing on a national basis. The Midlands region are looking to source an experienced Construction Manager.
Working closely with the Senior Management team you will operate on a strategic basis and will be truly influential in the region's growth
As Construction Manager you will be responsible for leading production activities across multiple projects within an already established operational team, ensuring delivery of projects to meet or exceed targets and expectation whilst ensuring customer satisfaction is very much at the forefront.
Previous experience in a similar role within the NEW BUILD construction/residential industry is essential;
On offer for the right candidate is a competitive basic salary, car allowance or company vehicle, 26 days holiday, pension, private healthcare
To discuss this excellent opportunity, please contact Heidi Genner at Edge Careers in the first instance via email on or call (Apply online only)