Workshop Manager (HGV)
£28,000 - £32,000 (depending on experience)
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
To maintain the site vehicle fleet in compliance with all legislative and Company standards and to lead, motivate and develop a Vehicle Maintenance Unit (VMU) team.
* Ensure that all VMU team members are focused and organised
* To lead and motivate the VMU
* To maintain and improve a safe working environment within the Vehicle Maintenance Unit, and vehicle safety standards, ensuring that VMU team members comply with all legal and Company Health & Safety standards and requirements
* To ensure that the vehicle fleet is maintained in accordance with the operator license, legal and statutory requirements and that other specified vehicles are maintained to Company standards.
* To ensure that through close liaison and cooperation with the Transport and Dispatch departments the needs of the delivery operation are met on a daily basis.
* Responsible for the health, safety and well being of their team members, providing health and safety leadership for the team and ensuring that the workplace, work equipment and materials and operating systems meet appropriate health and safety standards.
* HGV C+E license (highly desirable)
* CPC (advantageous but not essential)
* Previous VMU management experience
* Experience of working with refrigerated trailers (desirable)
* HGV fleet management experience
* Must have a flexible approach
* Strong people management skills and the ability to lead improvements
* Results focused
* Strong change management skills and resilience
* Customer focused
* Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels
* Experience of fleet management systems
* PC Literate
* Good numeracy and strong analytical skills.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age